Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Please note that we will not longer print programmes for our events, however the event website will be available to view speaker and programme information.
Sustainability at the event
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website.
• The banner used at the event is made from cardboard and is fully recyclable.
• No single use plastics are used at this event.
• The energy smoothies and non-alcoholic punch served at the event are homemade.
Sustainability at the Baur au Lac
• The hotel participates in an initiative called "Tasting not Wasting", where wasted food is being converted into a menu, the income of this event is being donated.
• Any wasted food that cannot be used is converted into bio gas.
• LED energy sufficient lighting is used throughout the venue.
• The hotel uses a green energy supplier and also uses water from Lake Zurich to cool and heat the building.
• The hotel recycles the following: paper, PET, aluminium, used cooking oil, glass etc.
• In 2017 the hotel updated their waste management system and now used a waste pressing machine they which has reduced the trips for collecting the waste.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/